Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Classroom Organization: Homemade Magnetic Board


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I enjoyed spending time with my wonderful family!

There are so many interesting ideas out on Pinterest that it is hard to decide which to put in my classroom.  I loved the idea of using a oil drip pan for a magnetic board.  I got it at Walmart for $11.97. The idea came from here.

I covered it with bulletin board paper and duck tape from Target.

The hardest part was putting the holes in it for the ribbon to go through. I used a drill bit and hand turned it with a screw driver handle...not what I would recommend doing, but our drill would not charge up. I used packing tape to cover the rough edges.


I covered it with bulletin board paper and then put Duck tape around the edges. I cut the corner pieces into triangle shapes to make it smoother around the corners.


 Then I added the ribbon.  I used these Command hooks that hold up to 5 lbs. because I wasn't sure how much the whole thing would weigh.




7 comments:

  1. Great project! I might try this next year for our schedule. I made laminated schedule tags and had magnets ready do go until I realized my white board is not magnetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! Found you from Jessica's giveaway and I already love your blog :) cannot wait to see what else you post!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I am your newest follower! I found you on the Middle School Blog Log. I also teach middle school.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off to check out your blog, Andrea!

      Delete