Friday, December 28, 2012

Classroom Organization: Recycling


Three years ago, I started recycling in my classroom.  We tried to get a recycling container outside our school, but the local company said that our schools didn't collect enough so they were actually taking them away from the few that had them (if they collected anything, wouldn't it be worth their while??)  Anyway, I still wanted to recyle the paper because I saw too much of it being thrown away in the regular trash. I had some supplies delivered to the room and just decided to use the box they came in for the recycling.  Each week I'd take the box home with me and take it to a school near my home (at least they were earning some $$$ with my recycling).

While at Walmart a couple of years ago, I found some fairly large tubs for $4.  I took some of my older letter stickers (Doodlebug and Gin-X by Imagination Project) to label the tub. I then covered the letters with Mod Podge to seal the letter stickers to the tub.  Here are the results:






This tub has worked wonderfully for my recycling needs and they finally gave us a bin about a month ago, yeah!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your recycling bin! What a great idea!

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Another "big kid" blog!
    I am so excited to be a new follower!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I bookmarked your blog when I first started stalking teacher blogs!

      Delete