Saturday, July 27, 2013

Indiana Goes Back To School Blog Hop

I don't know about you, but I have less than a week until I go back to school.  My official first day back is Aug. 1, but I know I will be going in early.  I did a lot of work at the end of the year to prepare for the start of school, so my fingers are crossed that I can get everything set up in a day....time will tell.

If you saw my earlier post on the Indiana Bloggers Get Together, you know that I met a wonderful group of ladies.  We decided that we wanted to help our fellow teachers to start their school year out right by having a blog hop where you could pick up a Back To School FREEBIE at every stop! But wait....that is not it. At the end of the blog hop you can enter to win a $75 gift card of your choice! How cool is that? Think of all the school supplies you can buy with that!

Thanks go to Aimee from Pencils, Books and Dirty Looks for bringing you here!!


One of the big things that I use in my classroom is student self assessments. There are two different types that I use.  The first is just a real quick check around the room to see if my students understood the portion of the lesson that I just taught. They use their hands to indicate their level of understanding.  


The next one is what I use at the end of the lesson. They write what level they are in their notebooks at the end of their notes. I found THIS pin on Pinterest and did some detective work to find that it came from Alison at Eberoplis and decided to make posters for myself.


You can find this FREEBIE in my TpT store:


Graphing is something that is taught in all grade levels. If you haven't checked it out all ready, I'd love for you to check out my Graphing Posters. They have just recently been updated to include a pictograph and several of the graphs have been repeated at the end of the packet to include the Australian/Canadian/UK English spelling. If you have already picked them up make sure to go back and download the new file.



Your next stop on the blog hop is Adventures of Room 129.




6 comments:

  1. Amy:
    1. I love reading your posts. As a 3rd grade teacher I like to see what you make for the intermediate grades for math and social studies. You go girl.
    2. Love the labels for understanding. Apprentice? Practioner? Great academic language.


    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your signs- colorful, easy to read, and really useful, too! I've had my kids use those hand signals, but I think your wording is perfect. Thank you! The graphing product looks great, too!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! I am so happy to have found your blog and this post. As part of my PD this summer, I read "Students Taking Charge." In it they talked about the levels that you included on your cute posters. I am implementing the system this year, so I am happy about how timely this was for me! Thanks so much for sharing such a great freebie! I am happy to be a new follower. I hope you can stop by my week long linky this week to share your ideas and products!
    Tracey
    The Teacher’s Chair
    Share the Bloglovin’!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I find your signs of the thumb scale? The "Freebie" links are not working. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Student-Self-Assessment-Posters-793453

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the freebie Student Self Assessment! :) The thumbs one is so simple to use. Love it!

    ReplyDelete