Saturday, August 10, 2013

It's a Feudal, Feudal World: A different Medieval History




It's a Feudal, Feudal World: A different Medieval History by Stephen Shapiro and Ross Kinnaird.

I was lucky to see a copy of this book through NetGalley and Annick Press Ltd.  I absolutely LOVED this book and will be using it in my classroom this year.

The book starts just after the Roman Empire falls and takes us through the start of the Renaissance. The book is filled with little tidbits of information presented in a comical form. I often found myself chuckling out loud as I read the book and I know my students will too.

The book has awesome graphics that will keep children interested in the history they are learning. SOme of the topics covered are religions, vikings, feudal society, the silk road, Crusades and the Black Death.

This is a definite must have book for any teacher that teaches this time period!

You can pre-order this book on Amazon as it doesn't come out until Aug. 20.



Here is just a sampling of some of the pages:


“from It’s a Fuedal, Feudal World: A Different Medieval History (c) 2013 Stephen Shapiro (text), (c) 2013 Ross Kinnaird (illustrations), published by Annick Press Ltd., used by permission.”


“from It’s a Fuedal, Feudal World: A Different Medieval History (c) 2013 Stephen Shapiro (text), (c) 2013 Ross Kinnaird (illustrations), published by Annick Press Ltd., used by permission.”



“from It’s a Fuedal, Feudal World: A Different Medieval History (c) 2013 Stephen Shapiro (text), (c) 2013 Ross Kinnaird (illustrations), published by Annick Press Ltd., used by permission.”


3 comments:

  1. I don't teach this, but I love it. Check out my recent blog post and you'll see what I mean.
    http://85mile.blogspot.com/2013/08/super-excited.html
    I think I'll have to get this one! Great Post.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your post. We were going to get rid of Starz, but when I found out they were doing the mini series I told hubby we were keeping it for that show alone! I can't wait for it to be on. I'll have to check out Bernard Cornwell's books, they look interesting!

      Delete
  2. Very nice article and I am Obat Aborsi And Obat Telat Bulan very happy to meet with your blog, the articles are very interesting, thank you for share very amazing article and I wait for the next quality articles...

    ReplyDelete