Sunday, March 23, 2014

Science Sunday: Roller Coaster Fun!

I saw THIS idea from my friend Jennifer at Teaching to Inspire in Fifth and fell in love with the idea. I knew that I wanted to do it with my 6th graders when we did out energy unit.

I adapted her ideas a little bit.  My rules were the following:
  • Must have at least two "hills" 
  • Must have two carts showing potential energy, one of which must show the greatest potential energy 
  • Must have two carts showing kinetic energy, one of which must show the greatest kinetic energy
  • All cars need to have the type of energy it has labeled.
My students LOVED this activity as much as I did (plus it allowed me to work with my 5th graders...)







Two of my boys got really into the design and made obstacles in their roller coasters.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment