Saturday, May 24, 2014

Top Ten Things I Want to Do This SUMMER

Click the picture to go to Mrs Jump's Class and see what everyone else is doing this summer!

I'm linking up with Mrs Jump's class to bring you the ten things I want to do this summer. Since we are on an alternate calendar and only have 6 weeks for break, I'm going to be hard pressed to get even half of it done, but I'm going to try!!

Ten Things I Want To Do This Summer!

1.  Spend some time reading. I love historical romance books and have even started a blog with reviews of the books I read.  I never thought I was much of a writer, but I have definitely seen some growth between writing my teaching and book review blogs.


2.  Visiting my nieces in Virginia. Aren't they adorable!! This picture is about 7 yrs old. They are now in 7th, 6th and 4th grade. How time flies!


3.  Starting a new workout routine.  I need knee surgery, but the insurance won't pay for it until I've lost a certain amount of weight.  I've lost half of it, yeah!! Most of that was through changing my diet. I need to add exercise to get the rest of it off. The problem is that when I exercise, my knee hurts worse...


4.  I like to do some scrapbook!!  I have not scrapbooked in probably 4 years.  When things got crazy at school that was the first thing to go.  I need to scrap several trips as well as many pictures of my nieces and nephews.


5.  The state of Indiana just adopted new math standards. Most of the new standards are aligned to the CCSS, so I'll have plenty to resources to choose from but there are several new standards that I will need to create resources for.


6.  I'd like to improve my digital creating skills.  There are lots of different designs that I would like to create for my background paper packs, but I just don't know how.  I think I will be watching lots of YouTube videos this summer.


7.  Complete many unfinished products. I did a lot of World History poster sets for my 6th graders this year, but I never listed them on TpT. Some need more content added to them and they all need to be edited. Fingers are crossed that I get those done in time to use them next year!


8.  I want to get together with my Indiana Bloggin' buddies! We have had so much fun the last two times we got together.


9.  Get lots of SLEEP!! I've been staying up way too late either working on school stuff or just reading a good book. It will be nice to stay up late if I want to and get to sleep in!!


10.  Get caught up on my tv shows!! I've got 2 episodes of Undercover Boss, 8 episodes of Vikings, 6 episodes of Blue Bloods and 5 episodes of Celebrity Wife Swap to get caught up on.  I'm hoping to add this to #3. I catch up on the tv while riding the exercise bike!!


What are your plans for this summer?


1 comment: