How I Organize My Mini Anchor Charts/Posters


I make posters for everything! I hang them in the front of my room for the students to use as a reference tool.  

They usually have some sort of information that they write on an interactive foldable graphic organizer that goes into their notebooks.


In this picture, my 6th graders are using the posters to work on their planet projects.

With all these posters I needed a better way to organize them.  I found these tubs at Staples on clearance. I used two of them for my colored paper organization and one for my posters.  They fit perfectly under the table that sits behind my desk.


I made a tab for each of our new strands in math (red - 6th grade and purple - 5th grade), the four different branches of science (green) and for social studies each of the tabs match my unit binders - see below (blue and white). Notice that I color coordinated the tabs and the folders. I had to hunt down a bunch of colored tabs, but I wanted them all the match. I'm anal, I know....


The social studies tabs match my unit binders and my foldable binder tabs (these are for my 5th grade social Studies resources).



7 comments

  1. Yep! I totally need this. I look organized on the outside but don't look on the inside! Thanks for sharing!
    ☮Monica
    The Schroeder Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!! I need to do some major organizing. This has my wheels turning. Thank you!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I've got a lot of other organizing ideas on my blog. Feel free to check them out.

      Delete
  3. I love me some color coding! Pinning this for when I start thinking about going back to school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great organizational idea!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete